The Telangana State police have started issuing digital passes to people who want to venture out of their place for a considerable distance. These are called Covid-19 Essential Services Digital Pass and you can request for the pass online.
There are a few FAQs that the police department has listed out for people to understand if they need a pass, and what are the different pass categories.
There is NO NEED of a pass if it is one of the following situations.
- Travel to local petrol bunk, Kirana or superstore, pharmacy etc., within a distance of 3 km from your place
- If you have to undertake Animal Care, including, if you are a Pet Shop Owner, Kennel Owner, Veterinary Clinic Owner, Cattle Farm Owner, Cattle Care Farm owner, zoo worker and such [AND], if your establishment is within 3 kilometers of your place of residence.
- If owing to a Medical Emergency or a Police Emergency, you are traveling by a 108 or are being escorted by Police Personnel or are visiting a Police Station regarding a Police Emergency.
- In case of a death-related emergency, where there is no time to wait for a pass to be issued. Under such circumstances, please directly meet the SHO of your Police Station and ask for a letter with appropriate details. The letter should be on the official letterhead of the PS, along with multiple contact numbers. You should also retain the receipt number of the application you have filed regarding the issue of the letter.
Essential Services Pass In Hyderabad:
When is a Pass required?
- If the establishment is beyond 3 kilometers, you can apply for an Animal Care Pass under Personal Pass Request online
- If you are going to volunteer for an organization for donations, you will have to apply for a pass
What type of passes are there?
- Personal Pass
- Organizational Pass for its Vehicles
- Organizational Pass for its employees not traveling in a Vehicle for which pass was issued (example, personal vehicle)
- Personal pass is given if you are going to travel over 3 km from your place for health emergencies, or death in family-related reasons
- If you are a small business owner (pharmacy or kirana store), your establishment is in the exempted list
- If you or your organization or group wishes to provide voluntary support to citizens in various forms (including food and other services), you may apply for a Personal Pass and mention “Volunteer Activity” as purpose.
- If you are an employee working in an exempted organization (ex: Petrol bunk etc.), you will need an employee pass acquired through your Employer. Personal pass will be applicable only to Small Business Owners and not to
An organizational pass is required when an exempted organization wants Travel Permit for the following reasons:
- Vehicles carrying goods meant for the organization or delivering essential goods as per exempted list for its customers
- For Employee Travel for the official purpose by own transport and not through a vehicle for which a Vehicle Pass has been issued
- Vehicles that will carry their employees from place of residence to the workplace, and will meet the occupancy criteria applied during the lockdown period.
How to apply for a digital pass in Hyderabad
For the application of the pass, visit this link where you can apply and share a few important details in order to make it easier for the Police to understand the reason and the details to issue the pass.
It takes about 2 working days for the pass to be approved. Priority will be provided to organizations involved in essential services delivery.
The validity of the pass is for a day, a week, or the time frame depending on the reason.